Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perrin's Pea Salad - 5 Layers

5 Cup Pea Salad - I named it Perrins' Pea Salad after my friend Donna Perrins.  She  gave me the recipe for this over 25 years ago.  I lost touch with Donna but not her recipes!


I do not have photos of my favorite recipes - however, I am going to start doing so.  My mom and I are scrapbooking a recipe book and we will need the photos for that.

So I Googled for a photo of the famous Perrins' Pea Salad.  What I came up with was amazing.  None of the photos show the secret touch that I use to let the salad marinate over night.

Add caption
 The idea of the clear bowl is definitely well known!  The ones in the ball jars - well?  The idea is to mix it up just before serving.  Hmm? 
 So here is the thing - I do not use cheese (cheese in salad gets wet and ruins the salad for leftovers) I eat this salad all week long.  We don't add mushrooms or tomatoes - the tomatoes look pretty good though.  (I am not a raw tomato fan!)  The shredded carrots look like a great addition.

For the most part my cooking has revolved around the Mr. and his picky eating  habits.  No onions that I can identify, no green peppers, they taste like ear wax.  (See below how he knows the taste of ear wax.)  When I am mad at him I use all of the above in everything for the night....  LOL   And I forgot - no celery - it just never goes away.  ??What??  Crazy.









So the taste of ear wax - thank Harry Potter and the jelly beans they created - that was one of the flavors and - you will never forget it!  Bet that was fun in the test kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment